Monday 30 April 2012

DIY Sock cat! ~ E.L.

Months and months ago, when I naively believed that I will have plenty of free time, I promised S.T. that I will make a sock cat for her. For those who don't know, S.T. loves cats... she not only has her own pet cat, she takes care of all the strays in her neighbourhood too... Yes. She loves Cats.

So she bought me a pair of this cool colourful stripey socks to make the cat out of, and I never got to it till 2 weeks ago when I finally took some time off work!

I did not really know how to go about it, so I did a quick search online, and came across this really easy and great tutorial. Check it out here for the full how-to guide on making your own sock cat!

It turned out pretty awesome! Here's how our cat turned out looking!





The socks S.T. gave me were knee length, so I made its legs as long as the socks were. And gave it shiny black eyes with old buttons from my mom's collection.

So do give it a try, makes a great gift for baby showers!

Update: Check out where this sock-cat, Chester, is now! 

Cheers,
E.L.

No comments:

Post a Comment