Tuesday 18 June 2013

Sparkle! Sparkle! Work that Glitter! ~ E.L.

Trying hard to post consistently from now... I know it's been a long while since we posted a DIY, so here is a simple one.

I got myself the new Iphone5 and as we all know, with Iphones there are all these really cute and fun accessories. So I'm quite obsessed with iphone cases, even though the boyfriend would chide and say, "It's only one phone that requires one case" And ignoring that, I bought several.... It's a lot like the concept that a girl can't have too many shoes.

After purchasing a few, I realised I really wanted a more unique one, and that's when I decided to glitter-fy the old ones I have!

If you've been to kindergarten, then you should pretty much know how to work that glitter, so I hope I don't need to explain the steps in details...

Basically, you will need an old iphone case, lots of glitter in the colour of your preference and glue.


So I preferred using my Inkssentials Glossy Accents as my glue, because it dries glossy and it's far more durable than normal glue. I tried with Modpodge but I didn't like the effect it gives after it dries - it kind of dulls the glitter effect. Inkssentials Glossy Accents dries glossy but if used too much it will also dull the glittery effect, so use sparingly. I also find that after a few use of the glittered case, the adherence is better as the glitter doesn't fall out in comparison to other glues. 

I used some really cheap glitter I got from a stationary store for my blues and greens, and the onyx black glitter was a gem from Martha Stewart's craft.I love Martha Stewart's glitter, it was so fine like powdery sand and it was just as glittery!

Anyway, so let your kindergarten-self go creative on your phone case - just put a thin to medium layer of the glue on the case and sprinkle the glitter all over it. Let it sit then tilt it to get rid of all the excess glitter, only the ones stuck to the glue will remain on the case. 

And Voila!
I made one on a plain transparent cover with black glitter, and another was a green-net cover with my blue-green glitter.



I still had plenty of glitter left over that I decided to glitter-fy my old sunnies too!

So hope you're inspired to try out your own glitter projects too!


Cheers,
E.L.




No comments:

Post a Comment